Wednesday, August 11, 2010

from out of the heart..the mouth speaks

oh. yikes. thank goodness i am very good at hiding my heart. my sinful one, that is. not all of it because that would be impossible, but the really ugly sin that i seem to relish in unleashing on those that i love the most.

I SAY: "crunch, why can't you MIND me??! why are you being SO disobedient and making mommy SO MAD!?"....
I SAY: "peanut, if you would act like a 9 year old then i could trust you not to be mean to your brother! but you are SOOO mean and it makes me SOOO mad!"...
I SAY: "butter, do NOT act like a baby! you are 7 now and you are squealing and whining and it is making me CRAZY! and DON'T lie to me anymore because I KNOW when you are lying! i am your MOTHER!"...
I SAY:  "bert, if you don't come home in time for dinner, i am just NOT going to wait for you!"
YIKES! what a beautiful picture of a GODLY woman i am.
lets mix this up.................
God Says:   Liz, you are not minding my commands, being disobedient, it saddens me. but I love you so much. I died for you.
God Says:   you have known me for 23 years!  love your neighbor as yourself. but you don't...because you are a sinner...and I love you. THAT is why I DIED FOR YOU!
God Says:  according to my word that you have learned,  you will stop squealing and whining because you know that I have the best plan for your life. and don't try to fool me. I know your heart! I am your FATHER! I love you regardless.
God SAYS:  Liz, I sit and wait for you to come and spend time with me in the mornings, often you are late...even months...but I am here...waiting for you.

my reactions to my kids are very "conditional" if/then
the Lord has no conditions for those who love Him. He loves us BY HIS GRACE.

thank you LORD for this enlightening time that you showed me that i am so sinful but you love me, wait for me, discipline me, hold me, remind me......you are HERE. you DIED FOR ME. you carry my burdens. my sin, and died on the cross with my sins written with a stinkin sharpie marker all over you.
yet you say:
come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and i will give you rest for your soul. for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

i have decided to try to memorize a verse a week. one inspired this post. along with a passage from JOHN PIPER's book "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ" (pg. 88)
speaking of the prodigal son:
"'while the son was still a long way off, his father saw him and still felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him' (Luke 15:20). in other words, Jesus ate with tax collectors and sinners because he was the incarnate display of the Father's tender compassion for sinners."
TENDER COMPASSION FOR SINNERS......!!!!!!!! that means ME!

the memory verse:
My flesh and my heart may fail, but GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
psalm 73:26


JOIN ME IN MEMORIZING IT! fb friends and junkies let me know if and when you have memorized it.


rustic as we are. we are HIS

No comments:

Post a Comment