Tuesday, June 1, 2010

what to do now....

OK. so today is our first "official" day of summer. when i say summer, i mean ME plus KIDS equals "what do i do now??" i am terrible at "summer"! i neeeed for the kids to be involved in as many activities as possible. i just don't do well at the long HOT days of "mommmmmm, i'm boredddd". even after we have been to the pool for three hours, had lunch, and played outside for a bit. it's not that i don't love my kids VERY MUCH. but, i am a better mother when i have a break from them for at least an hour a day. i mean, even bert gets a lunch break from his job. think: if i left my "job" to take lunch. i would not just miss a few e-mails but my house would probably be on fire. this job that i have is 24 hours a day! i can't stress enough, my undying LOVE for these kids. i would never survive if something happened to them [God forbid]. but is it not OK for a mommy to take a break? sometimes i want to run to mexico, or just barnes and noble. sometimes all i need is a night out with the girls to rejuvenate. of course a date with my husband is great. or a speed walk. with my i-pod, and my sanity. but some days, just curling up with the kids for a movie, some bagged popcorn and ONLY the sounds coming from the TV are just enough.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I just stumbled upon your blog and it is so much fun to read! Your art is fantastic, too! Do you have a website or anything that you sell your art from?

    ReplyDelete