Tuesday, May 18, 2010

she comes home tomorrow!




Phoebe WILL not have anything to do with a leash. i do not think she has ever been on one! i spent about 45 minutes with her yesterday at the shelter. she laid her head in my lap. she licked my face and hands. she needs a bath!! she is getting spayed this morning and tomorrow is the big adoption day. i have NEVER adopted an animal. i have always started from puppy age. pure bread. i have no idea what Phoebe has seen, where she has lived in her one year of life. if someone was mean to her. if she was treated ok. i do know, she loves kids and plays well with them, she needs a home, and it was love at first sight! she loves her name and answers to it. insert mini sermon aka "lermon" a liz sermon: i can't help but to draw a parallel and be reminded of Christ's love for us as i chose Phoebe, am removing her from her cage and a stinky place, giving her hope, saving her from immanent death, putting my name on her, paying a price for her. today she has to be spayed. will she understand that? no. is it for her own good? yes. will it be painful? probably. her little brain can't comprehend any of it. she can't understand, but i love her and she is mine. here is the parallel: Jesus plucked me from the muck and mire, choosing me, giving me hope in a hopeless world, saving me from a certain death and eternity in hell, putting HIS name on me "you are mine". Paying the ULTIMATE price for me, by replacing me on the cross for my sins, so i will never have to pay for them. my account has been stamped in His blood "PAID IN FULL". sometimes HE allows me to go through pain and suffering, for His Glory and my own good. i hardly ever understand WHY i am going through poop when i go through it, BUT i know He has a purpose "to prosper me, not to harm me". my brain is too small to comprehend that. sometimes His purpose is revealed to me and it is real obvious (sometimes it is not) after the fact or during the pain~ because He LOVES ME. i am HIS! DISCLAIMER: we are not dogs. i am not God. I just wanted to draw a parallel that i thought was interesting and helpful. GOD is WHOA SO MUCH bigger than my adoption of phoebe i love Isaiah 43: But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. Isaiah 43:1-2

1 comment: