Thursday, December 25, 2014

Finishing and Starting Christmas

The last few days have been dreary and depressing. Rain has seemed to flow like tears from a grieving sky. I haven't been able to help but think of sad circumstances affecting people that I know right now. Last night, the fire orange sunset seemed to give hope to the dreariness. This morning, God showed His sweetness with the clear sky and then the sunlight. I went on a walk after gifts had been opened and and It seemed to rejuvinate my soul!  A fresh air inhale gave way to hope and an exhale of stress seemed to fall back behind me as I walked. I realized that this was the first time in a month that I have been stress free. It is sad that I have done this to Christmas once again.  I have let stress and clutter dictate my demeanor and outlook.  Why? To keep things "even" on Christmas morning for the kids? To get it all done? To hurry up and finish Christmas so I can enjoy Christmas?  LORD, help my unbelief!  I STILL don't get it. It seems like I never will grasp this "grace" thing. How can I ever accept this free gift of grace if I don't even show myself enough grace to be ok with needing it?

Next year my plan will be to not let "Christmas" get in the way of Christmas. Maybe by then I can figure out how to be perfect. Or I can realize my imperfection from the beginning, show myself grace, and pray for the One True God to GRACIOUSLY show me the way. 

Merry Christmas to you!

(And to me also)

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

2 Cor. 5:21


No comments:

Post a Comment